A prerequisite is an academic requirement that must be completed prior to enrolling in a course.
A co-requisite is an academic requirement that must be taken concurrently with a course.
♦ Denotes a course that fulfills STCW (Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping for Seafarers) requirements. US Coast Guard license program students must achieve a grade of C- or higher in order to pass an STCW course.
(CSL) Denotes that these courses have a community service component, which may be in addition to regular class hours or part of the course itself, as indicated.
Academic Department/School Designations
||Culture & Communication
||Global Studies and Maritime Affairs
||Maritime Policy and Management
||Sciences & Mathematics
The academic department designation with the course description determines the department that hosts the course.
All courses are graded using the A–F system unless otherwise specified.
Course Numbering System
0 – 99: remedial courses prior to Fall 2018
100 – 299: .lower division
300 – 499: upper division
Scheduled general electives can be found in the searchable online class schedule using Course Attribute value for individual electives. These electives are also identified according to their designation within the five areas of the CSU General Education requirements.
- American Institutions I Elective
- American Institutions II Elective
- Area A3 Critical Thinking Electives
- Area C1 Arts Electives
- Area C2 Humanities Electives - Lower Division
- Area C2 Humanities Electives - Upper Division
- Area D Social Science Electives - Lower Division
- Area D Social Science Electives - Upper Division
- Area E Lifelong Understanding Electives
- Area B2 Life Science Electives
- Area B3 Life or Physical Science Lab Electives
- Area B1 Physical Science Electives
- Area B4 Math Electives
- Foreign Language Electives Semester 1
- Foreign Language Electives Semester 2
- Major Electives