CSU Maritime Academy 2015/16-2016/17 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Business Administration (BA-IBL), BS
The mission of the program in Business Administration-International Business and Logistics is to graduate students who are readily employable and highly qualified for further education. Students will have a practical balance of theoretical knowledge, experiential learning, strong ethical values, and global leadership skills We enhance learning by a close involvement in international maritime affairs, unique educational platforms, vibrant industrial partnerships, and a diversity of faculty, staff and cadets.
Several worldwide trends in business have affected the content of the courses offered at the Cal Maritime. Among these are the growth of global markets, the use of low-cost offshore locations, and the need for businesses to restructure themselves to operate globally. To respond to these important changes we have developed specialized courses in International Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, and International Trade and Transportation to supplement traditional business courses in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, and Management. Recognizing that we have a comparative advantage in maritime matters, the unique curriculum is designed to ensure that students gain expertise on issues that affect broad segments of the maritime, logistics and transportation industries.
The Business Administration-International Business and Logistics program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. The program is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. www.iacbe.org
Students in the BA-IBL program:
- will demonstrate knowledge of core business principles in the areas of Accounting, Business Law, Business Leadership, Economics, Ethics, Finance, Information Management Systems, International Business, Marketing, Management and Quantitative Research Techniques.
- will demonstrate teamwork and leadership skills.
- will demonstrate effective professional communication skills.
- will be able to use technological tools and demonstrate critical thinking and quantitative reasoning skills to make effective and consistent business decisions.
- will demonstrate knowledge of the global business environment and develop intercultural competencies necessary to conduct business in a global context.
Career Opportunities for Majors
The institution enjoys an excellent reputation among employers; graduates of the business program work primarily, but not exclusively, for global businesses and in the logistics and transportation industries. Recent employers of our graduates include Maersk, C.H. Robinson, General Dynamics NASSCO, GlobeRunners, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Divine Intermodal, Enterprise, APL, Tokio Marine Insurance and the Ports of Oakland, Seattle and Tacoma.