Apr 20, 2024  
CSU Maritime Academy 2023-2024 Catalog 
CSU Maritime Academy 2023-2024 Catalog

NSC 100 - Naval Science for the Merchant Marine Officer/Strategic Sealift Officer

Class Hours: 3, Units: 3
An introduction to the organization of the U.S. Navy, with a discussion of the Strategic Sealift Officer Program and Naval Reserve commissioning options, which provide a sound basis for liaisons between the U.S. Navy and the merchant marines. The concept of seapower is analyzed, with emphasis on the historical merchant marine- Navy interface in common seapower objectives. 70% of available lecture time is spent covering the history of seapower. The remaining 30% is spent covering miscellaneous organizations/government agencies which support defense objectives and have ties to the merchant marine.